By Harrace (Hong Kong)
This is Part 2 of the posting on City University Hong Kong Interviewed eOneNet for Internet Marketing. I will be sharing more Internet marketing strategies here which I discussed about during the interview by Dr. Ming Cheung, Asssitant Professor of City University of Hong Kong.
Q: How do the online and offline marketing strategies complement each other in your company?
A: We are deploying offline marketing strategies to drive traffic to our websites, and reach out to our targeted customers who are not regular Internet users or searchers. For example, we would spend a considerable amount of budget on newspapers ads and other offline marketing channels to bring them to our sites.
Q. What media channels does your company employ in Internet marketing campaigns? Which ones are the most effective?
A. Some of our Interenet marketing channels include:
- Search engines optimization (SEO): This is the strength of eOneNet.com, unmatched by any of our competitors in Asia. We have basically secured most of the top rankings for Internet marketing related keyword in search engines (thousands and increasing daily). Other than targeted traffic that can be drawn to our sites as a result, this will help build eOneNet’s brand online as the leading Asia Internet marketing company.
- Email marketing: We have an opt-in member list and mailing list for sending our email enewsletters and updates. We also select some other websites’ members’ lists for sending our email campaigns. Email marketing can be highly effective when the right lists are being used, coupled with an irresistible offer.
- Press Release: Submitting online and offline press releases have increased traffic, links popularity and raised branding and credibility substantially for our sites.
- Blog marketing: Within 3 months of launching Asia Internet marketing blog, our website traffic has increased more than 100% and got more top rankings in search engines.
Q: What are the critical success factors in email marketing?
A: The success factors include:
- The list: Sending emails to a targeted list vs. a general list would make a huge difference in the response rate. However, even for different target lists, you would need to do testing to see which lists work better.
- The creative: The design of the email template, including visuals and pictures used. In one of our Miss Malaysia/World email sent to their website members, we have tested different photos of Miss Malaysia/World and discovered that the one wearing more revealing clothes attracted a much higher click-through rate than the one wearing more conservative clothes.
- The offer: The more irresistible the offer, the higher would be the response.
Q: How do you compare the effectiveness of online and offline marketing strategies in your company?
A: Both online and offline marketing strategies are indispensable for our company, even though eOneNet is positioned as the No.1 Asia Internet marketing company.
Regarding marketing strategies, claiming a No.1 position in a highly competitive industry is a bold but successful move for eOneNet. Starting with our name eOneNet, meaning No.1 on the Net, we have been aiming to be No.1 in the Internet marketing since we started the company in 2000.
Throughout these years, we have succeeded in building our brand as the leading Internet marketing company in Asia via our integrated online and marketing strategies – for offline, we have allocated a significant marketing budget each year, for online, most of our marketing strategies, such as getting top rankings in search engines are either free or low costs as we are able to plan, manage and execute the online campaigns on our own. More importantly, we practise what we preach.
With our expansion plan, we look forward to growing eOneNet even bigger and more successful in 2007.