Posted by Fione Tan, Search Engine Optimization – SEO Coach
Search engine optimization workshop were held at Causeway Bay internet marketing Hong Kong Office of www.eOneNet.com this weekend. Here are the popularly asked questions about how to get top rankings in search engines.
1. Do i choose a specific domain with keywords?
– it is best to choose a domain name with your main keywords eg www.2Sars.com rather than ABCcompanyname.com
– if you are selling a range eg pearl jewelry then it is better to use pearljewelry.com
2. Do i use english or chinese keywords?
– if your main target is worldwide, then use English language and all your metatags title, description & keywords of the website should be in English too
– if your page is in simplified chinese and will be targetting China, then create your webpage metatags in simplified chinese title, description and keywords.
– if your contents of the webpage shows both english and chinese on the same page, then you can mix in both english and chinese metatags
3. I am already getting free rankings in search engine, eg No.1 in Google and No.1 in Yahoo, but how come the sales are still below average?
– SEO, or search engine optimization is a skill to improve your ranking in the search engines for free, without any advertising fees. However, the way you really make money is to first discover what your customers are using as the keyword and then aim for the correct keywords.
– you need to evaluate your current keywords, sometimes it is a keyword that is not popular or not used by clients when searching eg like your name. Therefore being No.1 for your own name itself will not get you sales unless you are a celebrity or linked directly to your product